How Do You Find Programming Superstars?
superstar programmer who's been around a while will ask about the build
environment, version control system, and bug tracking system that you
A couple more you could ask about: (1) the release process, and (2) if
the company uses its own software, the configuration management
The Joel Test
1. Do you use source control?
2. Can you make a build in one step?
3. Do you make daily builds?
4. Do you have a bug database?
5. Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
6. Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
7. Do you have a spec?
8. Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
9. Do you use the best tools money can buy?
10. Do you have testers?
11. Do new candidates write code during their interview?
12. Do you do hallway usability testing?